Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is hiring for a Staff Accountant to join its growing Accounting team in Argentina. This position reports directly to the Finance and Accounting Manager of Argentina and we’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounting close process and help take our accounting function to the next level.
The areas of responsibilities for this role include general corporate accounting (“GL”) responsibilities (i.e.,owning balance sheet reconciliations), in addition to enhancing the accounting close process and implementation of SOX internal controls. This accounting team also manages Finance tasks, such as payments, as well as updating company policies and procedures to align with ever changing corporate compliance standards. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Treasury, Workplace Services, People and Culture, Legal, FP&A, and international locations to ensure activities are recorded appropriately.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, propose adjusting journal entries, and assist in the general ledger month end close process.
- Implement and improve accounting processes and systems to shorten the accounting month end close process.
- Develop procedures, communicate with and oversee the work of third party bookkeepers responsible for the accounting for various foreign subsidiaries.
- Support SOX internal control compliance.
- Support quarterly and annual external audit process and prepare necessary schedules, reconciliations and analyses.
- Participate and lead other ad hoc projects.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Accounting experience from a publicly-traded company or from public accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification
- Working proficiency of Netsuite
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.