Staff Software Engineer (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Medallia’s Product Engineering team, you will play an important role in taking our industry-leading SaaS platform to the next levelYou will create, improve and deliver new microservices that support the growth of Medallia Experience Cloud, using the latest technologies and toolsYou will impact the innovation of the APIs that power our core products and 3rd-party developersYour work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture
- Be part of the Cloud Installer and App Marketplace teamWork in an agile team environment with other SaaS/API expertsDevelop and maintain a suite of microservices that power Medallia’s App MarketplaceServe and grow Medallia’s network of application developersImprove the scale, quality, performance, and security of our core Medallia applicationsContribute to and extend open source software that is at the leading edge of innovationCollaborate openly within the team and beyond to push the best technical design and product features
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree8+ years of demonstrated experience with a high-level object oriented language such as Java 8+, Scala or similar, developing complex back-end distributed systems.
- Experience with building REST APIsExperience with relational databases such as PostgresA passion for building high quality software, using Test-Driven Development (TDD) or similar approaches
- Experience with Concurrency, multithreading, synchronization, and async processing
- A role model in critical thinking, finding solutions, and challenging the current status with the goal of always to improve oneself, the team and Medallia.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as CassandraExperience building microservices with Spring BootKnowledge of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as JenkinsKnowledge of Workflow engines such as ConductorExperience with messaging queues (such as Kafka or RabbitMQ)Experience working in a team with Scrum or other agile approach
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.