Staff System Engineer - Core Networking
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to be part of our production engineering organization, and help with the design, implementation and support of a reliable, high throughput, low latency network infrastructure for our innovative customer experience platform. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with other talented engineers. If you thrive on building high value networks that are critical for the company’s success, then come join our team.
- Design and operate a high throughput, low latency network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network layer issues in a routed containerized world.
- Manage and support global network connectivity and performance.
- Analyze and resolve network infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Architect and implement advanced network monitoring and reporting solutions .
- Implement new configuration management frameworks to automate the management of network devices.
- Establish network standards and procedures. Work with other teams to ensure the network meets the business requirements
- Work in the datacenter to help support multi-team initiatives
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers).
- Experience with OSPF and BGP Layer 3 routed networks.
- Experience with network automation tools.
- Experience and comfort in a production datacenter environment.
- Expert routing and switching skills including wide area Ethernet transport technologies.
- Solid understanding of network monitoring and performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of application network requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, Use of VRFs and IPSEC.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network monitoring/trending tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with high performance networking (40GbE and 100GbE) is a strong plus.
- Intermediate Linux skills. Some server hardware understanding.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure.
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.