Staff Systems Developer, IAAS
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This is a software systems developer position on the Data Center Engineering team at Medallia. The Data Center Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure supporting Medallia’s global network of data-centers (colo-location and public cloud). As a member of the team, the candidate will develop the next generation IAAS infrastructure, telemetry, reporting, and auto-remediation platform to enable highly efficient operation in our datacenters worldwide. The team utilizes a combination of existing open source tools/projects as well as build proprietary tools to solve the challenges of operating a globally distributed infrastructure.
Specifically, You Will:
- Design and build the next generation storage as a service infrastructure. You will primarily be focused on building an scalable S3 solution to meet the data storage requirements for Medallia's Cloud platform.
- Design, build and implement the core platform stack for real time monitoring, metrics collection, and auto-remediation across our fleet of servers in our datacenters.
- Help select and drive the underlying technology stack and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Drive performance tuning and test automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with either Java/Python/Golang.
- Experience with building RESTful web services.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS) and cloud scale software.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB and time series databases like InfluxDB.
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and security.
- MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Minio, CEPH RadosGW and AWS S3 a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper a plus.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.