Systems Engineer, Data Center Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Data Center Services team is looking for an Engineer to support a high-performance infrastructure environment for our customer experience SaaS platform. The successful Data Center Engineer must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking, and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art environment.
- Logistics coordination, installation, documentation and troubleshooting of physical equipment at colocation facilities.
- Coordination with existing Infra team to validate equipment installation and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Pre-plan data center design and execution maintaining capacity and equipment.
- Leverage and extend existing data center best practices and documentation.
- Manage data center inventory, domestic and foreign equipment orders, returns and shipments.
- Project management of datacenter related projects.
- Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
- Keep track of support, warranty and manage RMA-s.
- 5+ years of experience of datacenter or IT management.
- Experience with physically installing servers and cables, troubleshooting DC equipment locally and remotely via remote management tools.
- Able to travel to local data centers on a daily basis.
- Able to travel to global data centers for occasional project work.
- Able to work flexible hours when required, including nights and weekends.
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based environment.
- Comfortable with basic network connectivity concepts.
- Familiar with Cisco IOS and knowledge of Ethernet networks (VLAN, MAC addressing, etc.).
- Able to lift 65 pounds.
- Organized, self-starter that is passionate about technology.
- Experience with bug/ticket tracking systems like JIRA a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.