Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv, here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Cloud Engineering at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next generation global data center operating system that spans on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product engineering to make the world's best customer experiences even better. Systems Engineering, within Infrastructure as a Service, owns the reliability of key components of the applications on OS of our private and public cloud hosts, ensuring that changes and packages required by different teams are safe and not conflicting between each other.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Build, scale, and secure Medallia’s corporate infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together.
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger infrastructure to solve problems for our customers.
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to Linux systems.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Build image pipeline automation to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations.
Our Engineering culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology, we keep an eye on latest trends, and share what we learn.
- We embrace an open-source first approach and we contribute back by submitting PRs with bug fixes and improvements and holding open meetups at our office.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- 2+ years coding in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Ruthlessly bent on automation, efficient, and self-service.
- Great troubleshooting skills.
- Deep experience in operating systems, solid understanding of storage, networking, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools: 5+ years system administration experience working in a Linux environment.
- 2+ years experience in shell scripting.
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Virtualization and block storage experience a plus.
- Good communications skills.
- Detail oriented and careful.
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skillsBS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.