Technical Consultant, Strikedeck
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia Strikedeck is the most powerful and comprehensive Customer Success solution, enabling businesses to reduce churn, drive customer trust and loyalty, and maximize revenue through innovative automation and integration technologies. Founded by marketing automation pioneers, Strikedeck’s proprietary SaaS solution empowers customers to achieve retention, expansion, and advocacy in their customer base.
Strikedeck is looking for talented Technical Architects passionate about bringing their deep understanding of system and software architecture to design complex solutions on the Strikedeck platform for our customers. They will lead and prescribe clients to best practices, and collaborate with team members to achieve project goals. Their Strikedeck skills are kept on the bleeding-edge, they innovate on the platform, and serve as technical and subject matter experts to clients and teammates.
- Participate in all technical aspects of delivering complex customer solutions on the Strikedeck platform, advising clients on best practices to create value and enhanced experiences
- Contribute to multiple Strikedeck customer engagements, utilizing the Strikedeck delivery methodology and tools to enhance project efficiency and quality
- Own design approaches and technical delivery, and advise technical resources on development and configuration activities
- Estimate time and effort for technical resources and proactively communicate progress and forecast changes to Implementation and Engagement Managers
- Own the technical quality on customer projects, participate in design reviews, and oversee Go-Live planning efforts
- Provide technical guidance and best practices in discovery workshops and program success meetings during the customer on boarding, adoption and value realization phases of the customer life cycle
- Participate in internal knowledge sharing, coaching, and collaboration activities and initiatives
- Experience with database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MS SQL Server, etc.), and deep knowledge of SQL scripting
- Understanding of CRM applications like Salesforce, REST APIs and related tools
- Experience with scoping technical designs, and coaching resources on the technical development and configuration
- Ability to lead client facing workshops and meetings, and conduct calls with customers independently
- Ability to keep a client's business goals at the forefront of the conversation and articulate design decisions impacts to maintenance and longevity
- A passion for advising and guiding customers on how to get the most out of the product and for learning the latest product features
- A calm, adaptable, and driven approach to both client engagements and internal efforts/teams.A love of working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment with smart and fun people
- Experience managing Fortune 500 clients a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Objects and Data Modeling a plus
- Experience in crafting end-to-end architectures
- Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical fieldProven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams
- Proven ability to mentor others at all levels of experience
- Professional proficiency with the English language (written/spoken)
- SaaS platform experience and related client-facing consulting experience
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing engineering role.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Experience working on API and data integrations with other third-party systems such as Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, or similar.
- Experience with agile software development process.
- Solid understanding of automated testing best practices.
- MS or advanced degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.