Technical Manager Professional Services Returnship
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Medallia is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Medallia, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
As a Professional Services Technical Manager Returner you will oversee the technical design and delivery of Experience Management solutions for customers. You will become the expert on Medallia’s platform and our technical capabilities, and you will provide leadership and mentorship to other members of the Professional Services team. This is the ideal opportunity for someone returning to work with a background in technology and an analytical mind, who is excited to tackle new challenges, question the status quo, provide thought leadership, and who is driven to find solutions that delight clients and colleagues.
- Lead technical delivery for complex accounts and projects with high level thinking and execution, through effective partnership with a Project Manager.
- Lead the deployment of integrations between Medallia and popular SaaS platforms, like Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow, etc.
- Drive program success through high quality, scalable architecture that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Engage with clients to understand business cases and provide platform recommendations.
- Own and drive the technical health strategy for assigned accounts.
- Provide direction and advice on the architecture, quality, and sustainability of Medallia’s programs.
- Leverage knowledge to guide other Professional Services team members through system design, configuration and deployment.
- Identify knowledge gaps and lead efforts to define and share best practices across Medallia.
- Partner with Engineering and Product on feature releases on assigned accounts.
- Lead critical initiatives such as Quality, Debt, and Scale, driving platform and process improvements that enable Medallia to meet the growing needs of our clients.
Who you are
- You’re solutions-oriented; you have a passion for creative problem solving and are comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces
- You’re a strong collaborator with an ability to work across functions and influence other parts of the org (i.e. product, eng). You’re dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching, coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- You’re growth-minded with a strong desire for continuous learning and proactively driving initiatives for improvement.
- You thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry, with extensive knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.).
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OAuth, RBAC, etc.).
- Ability to develop data architectures - designing data flows that are aligned with customer information systems.
- Hands-on experience with popular SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and self-guided learning.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management and stakeholder management skills.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise software, management or IT consulting, project management, customer management, market research, or similar experience.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Familiarity with Accessibility compliance standards, such as WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility related laws.
- Experience using mobile, desktop screen readers, and automated accessibility checkers.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.