Technical Program Manager, Engineering Support
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This TPM will spearhead the process definition and implementation of engagement between Technical Support and R&D. You will work closely with functional leaders and subject matter experts in Technical Support, Product and Engineering to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through design and delivery.
This role will entail aspects of program management, business analysis and hands-on execution. You will be responsible for assessment of existing processes, proposal for improvements and execution of the projects including hands-on execution till the process is established and operationalized.
Excellent listening and writing skills, strong technical competency and enthusiastic executive communication are essential for this role. The ideal candidate thrives and has succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology processes/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The successful candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
- Manage delivery of programs and projects from inception to operationalization.
- Help to shape business strategy for engagement between Support and R&D.
- Lead cross functional program management including negotiations with stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners.
- Regular executive updates.
- System administration and analytics including Jira, Salesforce and other tools as required.
- Facilitate evaluation, scoping, and completion of new process improvement requests related to Support and R&D partnership.
- During the first 6-10 months, the primary focus will be to identify gaps, propose improvements and execute on changes to our existing customer reported bug lifecycle through hands-on learning.
- Excellent project management, executive communication and cross-functional negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- +2 years of experience as a Technical Program Manager.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Prior experience working with Technical Support teams.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- SDLC understanding.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.