Technical Program Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The R&D Team at Medallia is pivotal to creating the technology and platform that will help us fulfill this vision. As we enter a new growth phase we are focused on attracting, growing and retaining top tech Talent. The Program Management Office as part of the Engineering Operations team is chartered to define and execute efficient processes for the Engineering teams to scale with Medallia’s growth. We support and enable our Product Engineering teams to deliver software which exceeds our customers’ expectations regarding functionality and quality.
Part of the unique Medallia culture is our emphasis on continuous learning in our day-to-day work, and also in the way we develop our technical expertise and interpersonal skills across the business. Our team provides high value-add engineering services to enable delivery of releases and projects with the highest quality and efficiency at scale.
Medallia Product Development needs a world class Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns delivery of Medallia’s engineering programs. This role is working closely with Medallia product management, design, and engineering to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through design and delivery. This involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy.
Excellent listening and writing skills and strong technical competency are essential. The ideal candidate thrives and has succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The successful candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
- Manage delivery of programs and products from inception to release
- Help to shape business strategy for technical products or services
- Lead cross functional program management including negotiations with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in technical program management and/or engineering in a software development environment
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Experience communicating, (written and verbal), with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple organizations (including executive level)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong understanding of SaaS products and their development lifecycle
- Experience with software project management tools, especially Jira
- Scrum Master certification
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.