Technical Solutions Consultant Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our mission is to create a world where companies are loved by their customers; where organizations see you as a person and not just their next sale. We do this by building a bridge between hundreds of companies and billions of customers, around the world, enabling access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they may design and deliver extraordinary experiences, every single day.
- As a Technical Solution Consultant you will be building upon the foundation of your experience advising and speaking about information security, cloud provider risk management and compliance, and technical integrations.
- This role will have heavy influence across our Enterprise sales team as you will serve as the technical expert/resource for late stage sales conversations about the technical capabilities, integration options, and security of information within Medallia’s core platform and across our products.
- In this role, you will also be a champion to Medallia’s pre-sales solutions consultant team as well as the Trust and Assurance Group in a variety of ways.
- Take ownership of inquiries made to the Technical Solutions Consulting team and ensure the quality and timely completion of daily tasks including:
- Speak with prospective Enterprise client IT teams to answer IT and security related questions on behalf of Medallia.
- Be the subject matter expert for all newly developed Medallia products and acquisitions in order to formally document controls and security practices for these products.
- Regularly update Medallia documentation and whitepapers to ensure compliance and up-to-date information about Medallia’s security practices.
- Review Quarterly Product Release (QPR) slides to disseminate roadmap information to the greater Solutions Consulting organization.
- Contribute to and lead internal technical training around integrations, data protection, and security principals to the field sales team
- Advise Enterprise Sales Directors on optimal solution designs and demonstrate Medallia’s capabilities for late-stage sales cycle prospects and expansion opportunities
- Information security questionnaires and technical check-lists
- Escalated technical sections of RFP responses from adjacent pre-sales teams
- Compliance questionnaires for annual or one-time certification and compliance standards from Medallia’s Risk and Compliance team
- Coordinate with legal to review technical aspects of contracts during negotiations
- Collaborate with Product Management, Security, Partners & Alliances teams, and Engineering teams to relay feedback to and from the field
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security pillars such as:
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Live presentation experience
- Experience speaking and leading conversations with C-level and VP level executives
- Excellent organization, research and time management skills
- Must be flexible to travel to client meetings, regional training courses and Medallia sponsored events (outside of pandemic conditions)
- Must be flexible to lead global calls and teams which may fall outside traditional US business hours of 9-5 (multi-languages are a plus)
- Network Security (dissect network architecture diagrams, and articulate network monitoring strategies)
- Application Security (comprehension of common vulnerabilities and vulnerability management, knowledge of common software development methodologies such as Agile)
- Data Security (Be able to describe data encryption methods, intimate knowledge of data privacy acts such as GDPR, CCPA)
- Compliance Initiatives (Comprehension of regulatory certification standards and audit procedures for SOC2, ISO 27001, and knowledge of how to read, write, and interpret security controls)
- Access Management (technical understanding of authentication and authorization strategies such as SSO and access log processes)
- Intrinsic curiosity to fully learn and explain the technical components of products and services offered by the Medallia Experience Cloud and ancillary products
- Passion for continuous learning and clear demonstration of effort for relevant education and training regarding information security as well as cloud application architecture and security
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple activities and deadlines
- Interest in working at a fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes nebulous company
- Strong work ethic and motivation to master new concepts and skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.