Technical Support Operations Analyst
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Summary of position:
This is a position that will split its time directly supporting the Medallia app for Salesforce & working on internal Salesforce development projects. You will be involved in all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including custom code, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, and AppExchange products. The successful candidate will have experience working with Salesforce platforms, application development skills, and the ability to solve complex software problems. The majority of your time will be spent working closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy customized business solutions across multiple systems. The other portion of your time will be spent handling inbound support tickets related to Medallia’s app on the Salesforce app exchange.
- Provide direct support to users of the Medallia Application on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Participate in the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests.
- Communicate with project managers, and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedure (SOP) and system architecture documentation.
- Seek out ways to utilize the Salesforce platform to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace.
- Conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving project requirements.
- Solid understanding and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels in English.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com developer
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Scripting language experience e.g. Python
- Salesforce.com certifications (App Builder, Developer I, Developer II...)
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Visual Studio Code, Workbench)
- Strong data management abilities
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.