Tier3 Support Engineer- Product Expert
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Senior Product Expert, you will become the know-it-all expert for the Medallia Digital product. The buck stops at you for technical product questions. Your focus will be on supporting our software users on their quest for product knowledge and issue resolution. Integrated with the Engineering teams, you will advocate for customer needs and ensure smooth product updates. Leveraging your deep product expertise and advanced troubleshooting skills, you will coach and mentor technical support advocates (Tier-2 / Tier-1) on the team. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to relentlessly drive the enhancement of our world-class, customer experience management platform.
- Provide timely expert advice and speedy resolutions to escalations from Support Delivery or Admin teams.
- Ensure all incoming escalations and reported engineering bugs are making progress as per the SLAs.
- Partner with Product and Engineering Management with the specifications and prioritizations of bugs and product changes.
- Analyse trends in case data and customer feedback to address customer pain points.
- Enable Global Support team by communicating and training for upcoming product changesDevelop and refine troubleshooting guides to ensure a robust and effective knowledge base to facilitate self-service.
- Support high severity incidents as part of our incident management and response team, including being part of a rotating on-call schedule that may occasionally include after hours coverage.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g. Professional Services, Product, Engineering), providing key product insights and improvement opportunities.
- Drive process improvement in the support organisation.
- Provide feedback to your peers, helping them to grow and develop while also contributing your creative ideas to the leadership team.
- Collaborate closely with the other global support regions - North and South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia
- Technical skills:
- Experience configuring, supporting or developing software applications.
- Experience configuring, supporting, or developing mobile SDKs (iOS and Android).
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Comfortable using application logs, browser dev tools, and other tools to investigate issues.
- Basic UNIX commands.
- Experience with APIs.
- Soft Skills:
- Thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Bias for action.
- Continuous improvement mindset
Nice to have:
- Prior engineering support or Tier-3 technical support experience.
- Experience with Medallia application.
- Experience with agile development processes
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.