Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s Product Design team is seeking a UX Researcher to work across the product who is curious and loves to tackle complex problems with multiple types of users. We work across the company with a broad range of roles - from product managers, to designers, sales and services teams - to plan, and conduct studies that inform the usability and strategy of our products. Project types vary widely, from admin tools to AI/ML applications for end users, and you will be shaping our suite of tools in the growing space of customer experience management.
- Conduct research with various roles in customer experience (from customer experience professionals, to hotel, store, and bank frontline employees).
- Independently scope, recruit, and run research projects for a variety of features and product areas.
- Design evaluative and generative studies across multiple product areas to inform upcoming features and product decisions for various teams.
- Iteratively evaluate low and high fidelity software concepts with appropriate user groups.
- Analyze data and present insights in clear, consumable, and illustrative ways to drive decisions, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration for product teams and executives.
- Collaborate closely with product teams to generate concepts that address problem areas, and set expectations for delivery and timeline.
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, other researchers and content strategists to incorporate learnings, address challenges, and perform final reviews to ensure a unified delivery of products on the Medallia platform.
- Assist in and be mentored by researchers for more strategic product areas.
- Expand your skill set of UX Research methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent relevant practical work experience.
- 2+ years experience as a UX Researcher with demonstrated results in technology products.
- Proficiency in conducting evaluative research with limited need for support for generative or exploratory research in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the design process (user research, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, concept visualization, and interaction design).
- Demonstrated competency in basic research methodologies (1:1 interviews, usability testing both moderated and unmoderated, survey design, execution and analysis).
- Experience contributing to design guidelines, a high-level set of interaction design concepts, patterns and components that underpin Medallia’s platform.
- Experience working with agile, and cross-functional product teams is a huge plus.
- Experience in the product development lifecycle or working in the “triad model”.
- Experience/interest in working with quantitative data.
- Experience/interest in evangelizing for research and design.
- A good communicator, an active listener, and team player.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute.
- Good relationship-building skills, and ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders.
- Experience with and exposure to products of moderate complexity.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.