Vice President, Engineering
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As an engineering leader, you will head a team responsible for adapting and delivering Medallia’s solutions for the public sector market, a major area of growth for Medallia. In this role you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of Medallia products in the GovCloud public cloud environment, from development through deployment and operations. The team you will lead includes developers and SREs that are focused on meeting this market’s specific business requirements for features and security, and on driving customer success for Medallia’s Federal, State and Local government customers. You will work directly with the customer and sales orgs to ensure successful implementation of customer requirements while meeting target timelines. In addition, you will collaborate with engineering teams across Medallia’s products and Infrastructure to define and further standards that enable teams to integrate these requirements back into their product lines.
- Understand public sector-specific requirements such FedRAMP.
- Definition and implementation of technical deliverables for GovCloud environments.
- Drive engineering and delivery best practices for quality and time to market.
- Manage production operations and incidents to ensure minimal customer impact.
- Engage with other Engineering and Product leaders to improve product features for public sector market.
- Collaborate with customer org stakeholders to effectively align delivery to customer commitments
- Drive Engineering excellence and productivity.
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of industry leadership experience in leading engineering teams for medium/large SaaS/Cloud environments
- Prior experience with large scale highly-available cloud applications
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to deliver complex software solutions
- Ability to manage customer expectations and to resolve issues
- MS in Engineering, or other equivalent advanced STEM degree
- Strong customer presence and communication skills
- Ability to interact with a range of technical levels from executives to individual contributors
- Ability to work with and mentor junior engineers
- Ability to build and to lead a high performing engineering team
- Strong knowledge of Java, Node. js, React and modern software development frameworks
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.