Vice President, Professional Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Reporting to the Global Head for Professional Services & Insights, the North America (NORAM) Vice President of Professional Services will help in leading the transition to a relatively new model that continues to bring world class services to clients; help to create best practices and efficiencies for the organization, while continuing to ensure the highest quality services for all customers. The leader will be an inspirational leader able to energize the team and be a leader and mentor known for developing strong teams and engendering trust.
This role will own a portfolio of accounts including their own P&L. The portfolio may be vertically focused (i.e., Financial Services) or geographically focused. They will ensure our customers are successful with Medallia, whilst growing the breadth and depth of the relationships. They will develop and mentor a team of world-class, professional services personnel, and take part in recruitment and goal setting for the organization. They will work with Medallia’s partners to ensure their success with their customers. As an important leader in Professional Services, they will own and help drive key initiatives within Professional Services and across Medallia. Goals include improvement of NPS (Net Promoter Score), Renewals and Customer Expansion, team growth and development, and profitably running their portfolio.
- Own a portfolio of Medallia’s customers, which includes successful management through their entire lifecycle, from implementation through ongoing services and long-term success
- Direct management and leadership of a PS team to include recruiting/hiring, development, performance management, and retention, Financial management and reporting (P&L)
- Develop and promote services offerings around all aspects of PS related delivery
- Meeting organizational goals and managing to customer success, revenue/expense targets, utilization, and top line growth
- Develop and promote best practices within the team fostering quality and customer success on every engagement.
- Support the development of a high quality partner ecosystem.
- As the VP of Services for NORAM, you will bring a balance of strategic thinking, client engagement, operational execution, analytics and team building to the organization.
- You will have demonstrated experience leading a team through the constant change inherent to scaling a fast-growing enterprise company
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading and managing a Professional Services team, servicing customers that have dynamic / complex product lines, and managing a P&L
- Demonstrated experience in the full customer lifecycle, including product implementation, ongoing servicing, and customer success
- Proven ability to drive strategic relationships with Fortune 500 “C” level customers
- Operational and financial Professional Services experience
- Experience in one of the following verticals; Financial Services, Telco, Retail, Hospitality or Automotive
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience growing and mentoring a Professional Services team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of successful delivery on NPS, renewal/account expansion metrics and land & expand enterprise models
- Ability to develop models and alternative strategies to leverage operational excellence, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a diverse customer audience including C-level executives, sales and technical staff
- Masters Degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.